Monday, May 25, 2009

No Flying

Not a lot to report this last week - the weather has been so cold I haven't left the heater. Also been did a trip out of town which cut down on flying time available.

So in the absence of a flight report, I thought you might like to see a little more progress on my Su27 Flanker project. Spent most of my time agonising over construction details. As with all prototyping I guess it's worth making sure all the components are going to work together and are carefully packaged to optimise the design.

As you can see from the pics below, I am building the fuselage in two parts, with the wing going thru both. This made it easier to have the long skinny nose (to aid knife edge flight) without having to carve a mountain of foam from one block.

Anyway, here's the progress pics. Next step is adding some spars to the fuse for strength and shaping the wing roots.

Until next time - stay in trim!

No comments:

Post a Comment