Sunday, May 10, 2009

Weekend Arrives

No more flying sorties this week. Mostly due to my change of hours at work - I am now doing midnite finishes which is taking a bit of getting used to. Its also been a bit colder which makes it harder to get motivated.

So.......I thought I'd for this post I'd show a couple of pics about whats happening in the hangar. First up is a shot of all my flyable planes gathered together in the lounge.

I've also started building a new plane - a jet which is loosely based on a Russian Su27 Flanker. The idea being to use twin fins with rudders to try and assist flying on its edge (knife edge). This is very hard to achieve without a motor, so gliders are not supposed to be able to fly knife edge. Here are the plans...

I have decided to use my old Fusion (my first kitset plane) wing for this project but it needs a rebuild after all the hits it took from learning to fly!! So here's a shot of some filler on the underside where I broke the spar :-(

And finally for now another pic of the wing with hand made extensions which will increase the wingspan to 60" or 1.5m. It still needs sanding, wrapping with fibreglass tape and covering.

Next post will include a couple of photos from my trip to Omaka at Easter for the Classic Fighters Airshow.

Stay in trim.

No comments:

Post a Comment