Saturday, February 20, 2010

More Construction



As you can see, I've made some wingseats and test fitted them to the fuse. Earlier this week I spent a long time trying to get an aerial layout that gave a good range test. I've decided to place the receiver and the aerial wire inside the wing simply because there will be carbon longerons embedded in the fuse and not enough separation for the aerial in the fuse. (I worked out with the Vampire that I need 50mm separation to prevent interference)

Of course I have the added problem of my alloy box section ballast tank in the wing and this created a major headache with reception interference. However after muchos trialling of different layouts I stumbled upon a wire route which worked! So fingers crossed that it will be okay on maiden day.

Not flying much at present - went out on Sunday and flew the Su Flanker for the last time - have decided to sell it!! Here's the pic for the trademe sale - will be for sale shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment