Tuesday, March 23, 2010

JW with new servo

Yesterday (Monday) went to Mount for a fly in NW with the JW. It has now been repaired with a new metal gear right aileron servo. Wind was fairly light but with nice smooth lift and it wasn't long before I had to land and add some ballast for a bit more speed :-)

It had a been quite a while since my last fly and I really enjoyed the afternoon - even if I was by myself. I flew from the side track overlooking Matakana Island which made it a bit easier than walking all the way to the top. It's also a bit easier to land on the front face. Later the wind turned to the west and although I could still fly, it was getting a bit marginal from being too sideways.

Here's another progress piccy of the Tank, my 2m sloper. It now has leading edge EPP foam on the wings (partially shaped) and this shot also shows how I have finished the area around the water dump outlet - an area that also will take the full brunt of landings. I hope it is going to be strong enough!!


No comments:

Post a Comment