Wednesday, March 3, 2010

More Progress and Mount Fly

Yesterday (Tuesday) went to the Mount for a light fly with the JART. Was only 8kts NW down at A buoy but worth a look. Got to the top and the jellies were just getting into the air - damn! Went back down to launch of the NW track and whoa! three more jellies launching as I arrived. Had to help the last one open his chute while he was taking off. Then it was "me" time and nice lift meant I could fly for an hour with a little ballast.

The JART is definitely nicer to fly now that I have trimmed off the v-tail and stiffened it up with fibreglass rods. Later, I went for a pee behind some rocks and when I returned all the jellies had gone and the wind was dying away. No matter, I simply removed the ballast and enjoyed another 30min fly - the lift was still there!

Back at the hangar, here's the latest pic of the 2m sloper construction - now with wing skins top and bottom, and carbon tube along the fuse side. Will have to come up with a name for the beast soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment