Sunday, November 25, 2012

Te Mata Peak - Havelock Nth

Wednesday - Tried too fly at Te Mata Peak but the wind was just a bit fickle - so all I got was one short circuit with the MiniSleek and a crooked landing. My wagon is in the pic below - the nearer of the two.
On Thursday I headed out to the coast to a little place called Ocean Beach. It has a great flying site - similar to Ruapuke (Raglan) but with an easier landing zone all in long grass.
I flew 3 planes - maidened the "Bitza" my first motor powered glider. Was stoked with how well it went first time out. Also flew the MiniSleek and then had another go with the problem child - the Slanky - a T-tailed version of a plank. It's in the photo above. I've been trying to develop this plane since last Christmas and now is on Assan 2.4gHz. No more glitching but it still needs to have the aileron servos replaced as they are still double-centering. Still, I got to fly it for 10mins before a duffed landing over the back on the adjacent paddock resulting in another broken clevis. Have since driven down country and stayed with an ex-flatmate from way back - Franky Spite on her farm near Masterton. More when the wind picks up...

No comments:

Post a Comment