Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Winter Blues

With winter having us firmly in its grip, there hasn't been any flying lately. But I have been pottering a bit and have managed to complete my fencepost sentry in the form of a Mitsubishi A6 Zero.



The Flanker project is coming along slowly too. I now have the wing wrapped with fibreglass tape and the servos installed and some progress has been made on the tail. This pic shows it sitting outside on the picnic table about a million miles away from summer :-(



And finally for now - some sad news - I have decided to abandon the idea of building a Messerschmidt Me262. After much practical consideration I have decided it would just be too draggy to have such huge engine cowls along with having to land on these engine pods as well. In order to make it look right, it would just compromise performance too much - I'm not into building a plane just for "looks" alone - it also needs to be enjoyable to fly. But I am considering other designs for the future... stay in trim!

No comments:

Post a Comment