Monday, January 28, 2013

Dunedin

After trying to find flying sites around the Otago Peninsula, including an awful site off Portobello Bay peninsula where the wind was 30+ knots, I decided to abort and head back to Dunedin. But here's the entrance to Port Chamlers with a ship on its way in.
And the Dunedin Railway Station.
And steam locomotive Ja 1274 parked up in a glass display
Irish pub called "The Bog"
Just before leaving Dunedein, I was parked up on the side of the road near Mosgiel in the foolish hope that I might see some aurora action. Alas, it was never going to happen, but the next morning I had another go at flying my 3D foamie in the paddock across the road. Less than successful - just too small and twitchy - but a lovely old lady came along walking her Collie and told me there's a model aeroclub field just a few km away, so.... here's the guys at Dunedin Model aeroclub on any Sunday. And a beaut looking DeHavilland Vampire powered by a ducted fan - sounded and flew great.

1 comment:

  1. Graeme is with me and we have been enjoying looking at all your photos.beautiful every one you are sure getting round the castle is beautiful. you looked very relaxed sitting beside your home nobody to annoy you.
    you enjoyed the railway etc.
    We both send very best wishes take care.
    Dad and Graeme

    ReplyDelete