Sunday, January 6, 2013

Living on the Port Hills

The last few days I've been camped up on the Dyers Pass road overlooking both Lyttelton Harbour and Christchurch city. I managed a fair bit of sloping at both Cass ridge and at a better site at Allandale - although due to a fair amount of turbulence (caused by proximity of adjacent landforms) I was a bit disappointed. None of the sites around Chch were as good as flying the Mount in a brisk NE wind but as they say, beggars can't be choosers. What was rather nice tho, the views and sunsets! Here's a panorama overlooking Chch at twilight, and the view out each side of van windows from the Allandale saddle.
Over the last two days, I managed to fly every plane onboard! Starting with no wind in the morning I maidened the newly completed Harvard 3D foamie I built from scratch whilst on-the-road ; then, as the wind came up I got to fly the Slanky, JW, Sleek, and the MiniSleek. Later I even dragged out the Vampire for some straffing runs over the ships in Lyttleton Harbour :-) Here's the finshed Harvard. Would be nice to get some graphics on it but they will have to wait for now.
Today, I bid farewell to Christchurch and head further south.

2 comments:

  1. looks like ur havin a ding dong time .I got a heap of flyn done im still on holiday and building and flyn hard I have new ph number to
    will let u know when i figure it out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I finally got myself a half decent parkflyer - but what a tricky beast to fly - I'm going to put in some real short-throw dual rates to try and get up to speed. It all happens too fast to cope with at the moment.

    ReplyDelete