Sunday, February 10, 2013

Heading North Again

After leaving Invercargill, it feels like I am heading back home - can't drive any further south! First stop Riverton on the Southland coast. A nice little seaside town and even had its own lighthouse, pretty pathetic though it was really just an excuse for a lighthouse. I climbed the hill to the lookout and got this nice shot.
And a National Bank still stands in this town. ANZ just wouldn't look the same...
The next day I arrived in Colac Bay a bit further around the coast. This sandy bay was just idyllic and allowed for some beautiful sunrise photos too. I even managed to get mussels off the rocks and grill them for dinner - but felt crook the next day. Seafood never really agreed with me but I couldn't resist trying it again.
Of course I just had to try and mess about in Photoshop and this was the result....
On towards Manapouri, and stopped at Gemstone Beach, hoping to find my fortune just lying in the sand. Well no. Jasper and garnets there may be but I didn't see any. But did manage this shot of the waves rolling up the sand.
The wind really got up. My poor old wagon can't handle headwinds and at times I was heading downhill at only 55kph. Got too scary so I stopped in a little roadside area for the night. Came across the worst public toilets I have ever seen...
Finally, a pic of the Focke Wolfe 190D I have started on. Just realised that the cyano glue I am using is actually not foamsafe as I thought, so I have suspended all further construction for now. Bugger.

No comments:

Post a Comment